You have 0 items saved in "My Favorites"
Use "My Favorites" to collect pages, downloads, properties, companies, and reports that you would like to keep in one place. To store a page, click on the "Add to My Favorites" button at the top of the page. To store a download, click on the plus button next to the download link. To store a property or company, click on the "Add to My Favorites" button listed next to each listing. Reports that are generated are automatically saved to My Favorites. My Favorites will be saved for seven days.
WorkforceCentral New York has a highly skilled, well educated, productive workforce of 330,700 with an average wage of $42,487. Emerging from a traditional manufacturing base of employment, the area is now dominated by new-economy business sectors.
- Syracuse and Upstate New York benefit from over 100,000 annual graduates and 36 colleges and universities within 100 miles of Syracuse, including Syracuse, Cornell, and Colgate Universities, LeMoyne College, as well as a number of State Universities (SUNY) and local community colleges.
- More than 56% of the Syracuse workforce is college educated.
- Onondaga County’s central position in the Syracuse - Auburn CSA and outstanding network of highways allows for excellent commuting patterns. The average commute is just over 19 minutes.
- In 2011 the New York State Department of Labor identified 12 significant growth industries in the Central New York region including computer and electronic product manufacturing, educational services and health care. A majority of these sectors increased their employment levels between 2006 and 2009 and, as a whole, pay more than the regional average weekly wage. For a complete analysis, please click here.
- For current New York State Department of Labor statistics and the long-term outlook for the Central New York region, please click here.
Onondaga County Employment by Industry - 2010
||Transportation & Warehousing
|Health Care & Social Assistance
||Management of Companies and Enterprises
|Accommodation & Food Services
||Arts, Entertainment & Recreation
|Professional & Technical Services
||Real Estate & Rental/Leasing
|Administrative & Waste Services
||Agriculture, Forestry, Fishing & Hunting
|Finance & Insurance
||*Source - NYS Dept. of Labor Quarterly Census of NAICS Industries Employment and Wages 2010 Annual Report for Onondaga County|